Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Some recent sports




So, I know. It's pretty weak to do these updates all on the same day, but I'm trying to make an effort to update more regularly. Here are a few sports shots I liked from the last month or so. I wish the background was cleaner on the soccer shot, but I like the triangle formed by the heads at the peak of action. Even better was that I was supposed to get a shot of that kid for a sports feature anyways. The baseball shot is nothing really special, but I liked that the dirt is still flying in the air from picking up the grounder. I still hate shooting baseball, but I'm getting better at it, at least.

1 comment:

Ruxton Schuh said...

the hockey shot's great. it has kind of a golden-spiral-ish division of subject matter. the onlookers are perfect, both in directing your attention to the action and the absurdity of their expressions. the smear of blood on the one guy's cheek is great. you never see that shit on the 6-o'clock.

i really liked the baseball shot. the use of space is great and you really just sit and wait for him to throw the ball.

i just noticed your pictures often read from right to left. are you asian?