Monday, July 9, 2007

Dangerous Terrain


There's nothing really special about this shot except for how much effort it took for me to get it. I was led to a trail along the Spokane River where the "rapids" were, and told that I had about 20 minutes to decide which one to shoot. After I finally settling on one to head toward, I stupidly opted to scramble along the boulder-laden riverbank instead of heading back up to the trail. This was pretty tough with two big lenses (300 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8). I'm not exactly in shape and navigating the rocky terrain while balancing awkward and expensive weight was pretty tiresome. Without warning, they showed up in the rapids I was heading toward and they were just a little too far for the 300, so I quickly ran/hopped along the rocks to get to a good spot for this extremely short section of "fast" water. They ended up sitting on this story for more than a week and then this photo ran about two columns.

D'oh. I guess this blog is quickly turning into me bitching about stuff. I'll try to post a positive experience next.

1 comment:

Ryan Gladstone said...

Your link to Model Mayham is wrong

Should be:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=121068

Just FYI.

-Ryan