Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I shot a kid

Actually, I seem to shoot a lot of kids lately. It's a problem I have and I can't seem to stop. Really, it's just because they're easy targets.

In unrelated news, I think puns are so funny.

Here's a shot that ran today from a spring break camp at the Boys & Girls Club:

It's not great, but it was one of the fleeting real moments I was able to capture as staffers helped kids finish their pipe cleaner butterflies. I ended up being a major distraction as soon as I walked in, with kids confused about why I had two big cameras and why I wanted pictures of them. I snapped a quick frame of one particularly inquisitive child (who also wanted to know why, if I was indeed a boy, did I have long hair?):
I thought I would win them over by showing them the pic on the back of the camera.

Boy was I right.

Suddenly, everybody wanted his or her picture taken and the room erupted in a cacophony of "Take my picture!" and "Let me see!" Kids were waving things in front of my lens:
and striking goofy poses:
All in all, a pretty entertaining feature hunt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your Chinky love of puns. I like shooting pelicans.